We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. At Galloway Cat Clinic, we want to make sure your feline companions stay healthy and have a long and fruitful life. We’d like to share with you our protocol for wellness exams to get 2013 started right.
Cats naturally hide their symptoms. They will do whatever they can to compensate for their issue. Even if they break their leg they will still try and walk normally. In the wild, they do this because showing signs of weakness is a surefire way to become prey.
To help catch things early, we recommend seeing our kitties and seniors every 6 months. Doing this, we will be able to catch the early signs of illness and disease. This applies even more to our senior cats who are 8 years or older. It is around this time that diseases like kidney disease, hyperthyroidism and diabetes start to show up. Even in healthy cats, it is imortant to have a baseline for blood pressure, dental condition, and body weight so we can watch for change over the years.
However, some cats have a really hard time coming to the veterinarian’s office. We fully understand this issue being a cat-only clinic and we know how stressful it can be for both you and your cat. For these types of cats we recommend annual check ups. This will still give them the attention they need to make sure they are in good health and up-to-date on vaccines.
Now of course, if at any point an issue arises that needs immediate attention, it is important to have your cat seen by a vet as soon as possible.
Our job at Galloway Cat Clinic is to provide the best care to your loved ones. We make sure to send out reminders for your cat’s wellness exams, vaccines, and any sort of recheck appointment so you never have to worry about remembering a date 3 months in the future. We strive to give you all the information necessary so that you have the tools to care for your beloved companion.
-Galloway Cat Clinic
Happy Holidays from all of us at Galloway Cat Clinic!
It has been a busy year and we hope you’ve enjoyed 2012 as much as we have. Our clinic has grown a lot and it’s all thanks to you and your loved ones support. With that being said we would just like to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. We hope to provide your family pets with the love and care they deserve for years to come!
With the holidays around the corner, we have a few dates we would like to let you know about:
- December 8th, Saturday- Galloway Cat Clinic will only be open until 12pm due to the fact that our staff is going on their yearly trip to the Veterinary Convention in San Diego to further our knowledge! We will return Monday morning at our usually scheduled hours.
- This year, Galloway Cat Clinic will be closed December 24th and 25th as well as December 31st and January 1st.
Please, do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions regarding our holiday hours or emergency contact information.
Thank you, and have a wonderful holiday season!
~Dr. Son and Staff
As our cats grow older, they begin to slow down and not play as much. They may change their eating habits or sleep much longer. But when are these changes something to be concerned about?
Typically, when felines get to be around 8 years old, many diseases may start to show up. Some of these may include hyperthyroidism, diabetes,kidney disease, or even cancer. While these are all treatable, it is very important to catch them early.
Changes to Look For…
Your cats habits won’t change overnight, but these are notable changes to look for:
- Drinking excessive amounts of water
- Excessive eating but not gaining weight
- Losing weight
- Pooping/Peeing outside the litter box
- Meowing uncharacteristically
If you notice anything weird about your senior, we have a all-inclusive Senior Package designed to diagnose your loved one.
The Senior Package includes:
- A Comprehensive Exam- We will address any issues and do a full physical. We always check your cats eyes, mouth, and blood pressure as they are all good indicators of disease.
- Full Panel Bloodwork will check the vital organs for any problems.
- Urinalysis to check for cystitis or crystals in the urine.
- 5 Views of Xrays to search for any lumps of signs of heart disease.
- Abdominal Ultrasound to scan for anything the Xrays cannot see.
This is a full diagnostic package designed to dig deep and make sure your senior is healthy. It’s always a good idea to use this package to maintain health too!
Give us a call at (310)375-1924 to schedule an appointment for your aged kitty. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon!