As our cats grow older, they begin to slow down and not play as much. They may change their eating habits or sleep much longer. But when are these changes something to be concerned about?
Typically, when felines get to be around 8 years old, many diseases may start to show up. Some of these may include hyperthyroidism, diabetes,kidney disease, or even cancer. While these are all treatable, it is very important to catch them early.
Changes to Look For…
Your cats habits won’t change overnight, but these are notable changes to look for:
- Drinking excessive amounts of water
- Excessive eating but not gaining weight
- Losing weight
- Pooping/Peeing outside the litter box
- Meowing uncharacteristically
If you notice anything weird about your senior, we have a all-inclusive Senior Package designed to diagnose your loved one.
The Senior Package includes:
- A Comprehensive Exam- We will address any issues and do a full physical. We always check your cats eyes, mouth, and blood pressure as they are all good indicators of disease.
- Full Panel Bloodwork will check the vital organs for any problems.
- Urinalysis to check for cystitis or crystals in the urine.
- 5 Views of Xrays to search for any lumps of signs of heart disease.
- Abdominal Ultrasound to scan for anything the Xrays cannot see.
This is a full diagnostic package designed to dig deep and make sure your senior is healthy. It’s always a good idea to use this package to maintain health too!
Give us a call at (310)375-1924 to schedule an appointment for your aged kitty. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon!